Sunday, December 7, 2008

catch up and a christmas CD

well it's been a little while....
thought i'd get back on the bloggin' bandwagon.
why? because i have news. biggish news.

i just released a little 5-song christmas CD that doubles as a christmas card. how you ask? well, you can see and hear for yourself at my newly created website: songsofjenn.com.

so the last time i wrote was just after my 3-week intensive of recording in may. and because you've been dying to know...and also because i consider this blog a bit of a diary...i will do a quick recap of what's gone on in the last 7 months. i'll do it in point form to save us all the details:

  • june 5: played a 4:30 am set at the Montreal Relay for Life, which inspired me to start a project to raise funds for cancer using a song i wrote for my uncle as he was dying of cancer (more on that later).

  • june 12: played a showcase at nxne in toronto. you can see some great photos that emerson john took.

  • july: was featured on baom.net (bouche à oreille musique, which means word of mouth music). you can see the video here that my brother and i shot for the song, deare.

  • july and august: wrote some music for a couple of TV shows through la hacienda creative ...and recorded backing vocals for the show: the next star (canadian idol for little kids).

  • sept: back and forth to toronto, fairly non stop, to work on mixing 3 of my songs with my friend, pete prilesnik.

  • oct. 11: helped put on the songwriting and recording workshop for the kids pop portion of pop montreal. here's a very cute picture of me with a future rock god:

  • oct&nov: worked with a very talented young man called chris fox, who has been helping me mix several of my songs for my upcoming web album as well as for the aforementioned christmas card CD.

  • phew! and here we are at the present.


and with that, i solemnly swear that i will never wait as long between blogs! never ever ever.
the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home