Saturday, April 19, 2008

here we go

i am starting my second week of intensive recording on my album. i have until the end of april off of work and it's the first time i've ever had a concentrated chunk of time like this. it's amazing to be able to do nothing else (and i mean absolutely nothing else) but work on my music. i have to admit, i was pretty terrified to start the process, but i'm feeling stronger and stronger as the days go on.

i started off by buying myself beautiful flowers that welcome me into the studio every day. i also have my trusty ice bat sitting next to me on my laptop. then i added a purple skipping rope (with faces painted on the handles) to the arsenal...for the moments when i need to expend bursts of energy. and then i thought about how i was going to use the next three weeks. i gave myself a schedule with budgeted hours for each song. i decided that i need to do 8 hours, minimum, of recording/editing/mixing everyday - not just listening and thinking about lyrics, arrangements etc. finally i decided to stay accountable to myself by keeping track of exactly how much time i was using for each song. then...off i went!

it's going really well. i've already finished two songs, almost four. and i'm very excited about both the process and what the end result will be.

here are my flowers:


and my studio:


introducing my ice bat:


my mic, ready and waiting:


doing vocals on "lovesong"




adjusting volume:


listening to takes:


and vocal editing:


i'll post some rough versions of mixes in shortly....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home